**Agreement:** this refers to all the terms and conditions in this document, *in addition to* any other policies, rules, or procedures published on our site.
**Service, Platform, or Website:** these are our website and application, located at catalystapp.co and on subdomains thereof, and includes any content, products, services, and other similar items which we offer.
**Catalyst, we, or us:** these terms refer to the owner and other staff of our service, as listed on our home/about pages. Additionally, these terms may include affiliates, subsidiaries, licensors, and other such entities who have formed partnerships/agreements with Catalyst.
**Users, Accounts, you, your, and similar terms:** these refer to you, the individual or organization, which uses our services, instructs others to do so, or accesses information through our service. Users must be at least thirteen (13) years of age or sixteen (16) years of age in the European Union.
**Artists or Creators:** these are special types of users who have enabled their account to perform additional functions and access additional features. Due to the nature of such features, additional terms and usage policies apply.
**Content and uploaded files** refers to any content which is accessible through our service and provided directly by users, or a derivative of a user's content. This may include text, images, designs, artwork, and other such materials which may be available through our service.
By visiting, accessing, using, or registering on our website or with any of our services, softwares, and platforms you agree that:
* You have read, understood, and accepted to be bound by the Agreement.
* You are at least thirteen (13) years of age or sixteen (16) years of age if you reside in the European Union.
* If you are between this age and the age of majority, you additionally agree that your legal guardian has reviewed, understood, and agreed to be bound to this Agreement.
* By accessing our services, viewing any content hosted on our services, or otherwise interacting with our service, you agree to this Agreement. If you do not accept these terms then you may not use our website, services, platforms, or anything else provided by us.
* You (or, if applicable, your guardian) agree to be bound to any modifications or revisions of this Agreement. Although we will attempt to notify you for significant and substantial updates, you agree to be bound by such modifications.
* The history of this document may be tracked on our public [GitHub commit history](https://github.com/catalyst-app/Catalyst/commits/master/legal/TERMS_OF_SERVICE.md).
You are not obliged to register to use our services. However, access to certain components, functions, and services is only available to registered users. You may create your own account, however, you must agree to do so by the following restrictions and terms:
* You, and only you, retain full administrative control over your account and the content within it.
* You must provide accurate and truthful information when registering your account.
* You agree to only utilize account names and nicknames which do not harass other users, appear racist, or otherwise offensive.
* Accounts in violation of this term may be renamed by our staff or terminated depending on the severity.
* You agree not to use your account to impersonate or mislead anyone.
* You must be a human to create an account. We do not permit registration by bots, APIs, or other automated methods.
* We do permit automated account _actions_, however, the account must be registered by a human whom provides valid information and accepts this Agreement.
* If an account is created for this purpose, we recommend sending us an e-mail at [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org). This helps us stay aware of what accounts are doing what and potentially alter rate limits as necessary.
* A single account may only be used by one individual. A single account may not be shared by multiple people. Any actions taken by an account in violation of these Terms will be the responsibility of the account holder.
* Although we will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of Catalyst or others due to such unauthorized use.
* You must be thirteen (13) or older, or, in the European Union, sixteen (16) or older in order to create an account.
* Certain countries outside the United States may have other laws; in this case, you are responsible for your compliance with such laws.
* You agree not to use your account to violate aid any other user in violating this agreement.
* You agree that we reserve the right to remove, rename, or alter any account for any reason, such as violating our agreement or if it appears to have been abandoned by its owner (no activity in a significant time period).
* You agree that, while there is no limit to the number of accounts you may create, you will use our services as intended and not to:
* Items marked with a dagger (†) may be subject to certain exclusions when prior written consent is given. If you wish to obtain such consent, e-mail [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) stating what you want to tinker with and the details of it.
* Tamper with or use non-public areas of our services
* Approved beta testers are the exception to this rule; they can access private areas of the site restricted to them.
* Scan, probe, ping, or test any of our systems †
* Attempt to break, circumvent, or otherwise tamper with any access control or authentication mechanisms †
* Attempt to access or use our service in such a manner that it will negatively affect site performance (e.g. DoS attacks)
* "Scrape" user content or other information which is intended to remain private from the public
* Use our platform to send altered, deceptive, or otherwise known false information, or sending this information to the platform itself (this includes intentionally malformed TCP requests, etc.) †
* Attempt to interfere or disrupt the access of any user or hosts to our service †
* Create accounts simply to reserve names and prevent use by others
Our platform is free for all to use! We will never charge fees or subscriptions in order to use the basic functionality of our services.
However, we do accept donations which may result in additional features/items/capabilities being added to your account. Such donations will be processed by an applicable third party and governed by their terms.
By donating, you agree to these terms and any other requirements set forth by this third party. Additionally, you are responsible for determining and paying any applicable government taxes or fees resulting from such donations.
#### Acceptable Uses
When using Catalyst, there are a few rules that you must follow:
* You must follow all laws and regulations in your jurisdiction as well as those of the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and France, whichever is strictest. You are solely responsible for ensuring your use of Catalyst is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
* You will not upload, post, or otherwise transmit content which is unlawful or promotes unlawful activities; is libelous, defamatory, or fraudulent; is discriminatory or abusive towards an individual or group; contains, installs, delivers, or otherwise relates to malware; or infringes upon any rights, including copyright.
* You will not harass, threaten, or incite violence towards other individuals or groups.
* You will not use our servers to relay unsolicited advertising or other forms of bulk, automated activity.
* You will not impersonate other individuals or groups.
* You will not violate other's privacy nor post their personal information without consent.
* You may not scrape Catalyst for non-archival purposes. Research and other extraneous uses may be approved on a case-by-case basis by contacting us at [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
* You may not use excessive bandwidth, as determined by use in relation to other users.
Not following these rules may result in a suspension/limiting of certain privileges, termination of your account, or, in extreme cases, reporting to the applicable law enforcement. Other terms may be added to this section at any time without notice.
#### User Content
All content uploaded must follow the regulations set forth in the [Acceptable Use](#md-header-acceptable-uses) section of this document.
Catalyst does allow upload and viewing of adult content, however, this is disabled by default and may only be enabled by denoting that you are of eighteen years of age or older in your account settings. If we have suspicions regarding your age, you will not be allowed to view this content until you prove that you may legally do so through applicable government-issued identification.
#### Our Role
Our role is solely to provide the technology and management of our services. Any agreements made between users of our platform are solely between those users. We are in no way a participant within these agreements nor are we liable for the results or outcomes of such agreements.
We do not endorse nor guarantee the claims made by any user of our platform.
#### Copyright Protection
When using Catalyst, you must follow all privacy and copyright laws for your region, the European Union, the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. This includes, but is not limited to only uploading or otherwise sharing content which belongs to you or you have obtained explicit permission to use. Additionally, we fully comply with the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA).
If you feel you or others' copyright is being infringed upon, please e-mail [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
We offer an API which allows automated and scripted usage of our services. You may use this API in order to perform authorized, legitimate actions on our platform. We reserve the right to, with or without notice, suspend or terminate your rights to use our API in situations where we, in our sole discretion, determine your usage to be excessive or otherwise abusive. Any questions regarding our API, particularly with regards to rate limits in your situation, should be directed to [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
#### Modifying And Terminating Our Services
We continuously evolve our platform and, as a result, may add, change, suspend, or remove any feature, functionality, or service with or without notice.
#### Open Source Licensing
A large amount of the source code of our platform is licensed under the [GNU Affero General Public License](https://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl.html). Please refer to this license when contributing, modifying, distributing, or otherwise using our source code.
#### Warranties And Disclaimers
OTHER THAN AS DESCRIBED IN THESE TERMS, WE DO NOT MAKE ANY PROMISES OR COMMITMENTS REGARDING THE CONTENT, FUNCTIONS, AVAILABILITY, RELIABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS OF OUR SERVICES. ALL OF OUR SERVICES AND THE COMPONENTS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS THEREIN.
WE EXCLUDE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS.
ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE EXTRACTED FROM OUR SERVICES IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY OR PERSON AS A RESULT OF ACCESSING SUCH CONTENT.
BY USING OR ACCESSING OUR SERVICES, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL ONES, WHICH OCCUR AS A RESULT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH USING OUR SERVICES. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES AS A RESULT OF LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS. ADDITIONALLY, WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY PERSONAL DAMAGE, INJURY, OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS INCURRED FROM THESE TERMS, OUR COMMUNICATIONS, OUR SERVICES, OR ANY INTERACTIONS OR CONTENT THROUGH OUR SERVICES. THIS INCLUDES, HOWEVER, IS NOT LIMITED TO: THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE OUR SERVICES; UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR INTERCEPTION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTIES USING OUR SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATED TO OUR PLATFORM OR SERVICES, WHETHER BASED UPON WARRANTIES, COPYRIGHT, CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER APPLICABLE LEGAL THEORY.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR MORE THAN TWENTY UNITED STATES DOLLARS (20$USD).
FINALLY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE AND THAT YOU WILL NOT SEEK TO HOLD US LIABLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF THIRD PARTIES OR EXTERNAL SITES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY AND DAMAGE FROM SUCH THIRD PARTIES RESTS ENTIRELY UPON YOU. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR INTERACTION, AGREEMENTS, AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF OUR SERVICE AND THAT WE DO NOT MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF USERS WITHIN OUR SERVICE.
#### Business Usage of Our Services
If you are using our service on behalf of a business, both that business and you accept these terms, including the clauses regarding [liability](#md-header-liability) and [warranties](#md-header-warranties-and-disclaimers).
You agree to receive electronic communications from us either through our platform or via the e-mail address you provided when registering an account. It is your responsibility to ensure the integrity and authenticity of any of these communications.
You agree that any notifications, disclosures, and other communications we provide digitally satisfies any applicable legal requirements that would be met if the same communication was provided on paper.
#### Release and Indemnification
In the event you have a dispute with one or more of our users, you release us from any and all claims, demands, or damages (direct or indirect) of every kind, type, and nature, known or unknown, arising from or connected with these disputes.
You agree to, to the fullest extent permitted by law, indemnify, defend, and hold us harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, or expenses, including attorneys' fees, that arise from any of the following:
* A breach of these terms or any other applicable terms,
* Your usage of our services,
* Disputes between users of our services and yourself,
* The acts of third parties,
* Actions taken through your account, by yourself or a third party, and
* Issues regarding loss, corruption, deletion, or modification of data.